COVID-19 Update #2
24th March 2020
To our valued clients.
We understand there is significant anxiety regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. The good news is that at this stage, there does not appear to be a risk of transmission from our pets to people. This is being closely monitored, but at this stage, we recommend normal hygienic practice after handling your pets (hand washing with normal soap and water for 20 seconds or longer). Our practice is committed to health and safety of both our team, and our clients. This situation is constantly changing, and we will provide ongoing updates to keep you informed. We are getting advice from the World Health Organisation, The Australian Veterinary Association, The Department of Health and other sources to keep up to date with the situation. We have already instituted some guidelines to minimize the spread of COVID-19 within our practice. Our team will be following these guidelines and expect visiting clients to also follow these. At this stage it is business as usual unless we are directed to do otherwise. We want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in our clinic. We want to ensure the protection of the elderly, immunocompromised and others that are vulnerable in our community. To do so we need your help.
The updated measures we have introduced are Highlighted in purple which came into effect on 24th March 2020.
1. Please call the clinic to postpone your appointment if you are unwell, if you have been directed to self-isolate or if you have been in contact with a positive case. If the appointment is urgent, please find someone to bring the pet to us, or call us for further advice. Please advise us if you have tested positive or your pet has been in contact with anyone who has been high risk or tested positive so we can take appropriate measures to protect our team, while offering the best possible care to your pet.
2. On arrival to the clinic, call us. (03) 52503300. A team member will come and meet you in the air lock (first entry door) and we will collect your pet, take them to the exam room and you are free to return to your car or wait outside. Please only one person in the airlock at any one time. Keep your phone on you and we will call you for the duration of the consult. Payment can be made over the phone (credit card) or EFTPOS can be brought to you. We can then return your pet to you.
3. Please use hand sanitizer on arrival and departure from the clinic.
5. Please use appropriate cough etiquette and hand hygiene.
6. Please use social distancing measures. Keep 2 meters apart from other clients if you are waiting outside. No handshaking or deliberate physical contact with our team members please.
7. We encourage pre-payment when ordering medication or food. When you arrive to collect your items, please call and let us know. We will then bring the goods out to you.
8. Please note we will not be accepting cash payments.
9. Our staff are also cleaning our door handles, phones, Eftpos machines, keyboards and surfaces on a regular basis throughout the day with appropriate disinfectants. This will continue after every client interaction.
10. We have telemedicine options for select cases. Patients must have been seen by the clinic to qualify. If this is of interest to you, please let the team know. We have Skype, facetime and Wotsap.
11. We will be moving to online consent forms for all surgical procedures, and new client registration.
This time is full of uncertainty. We want to remain healthy ourselves so we can provide the essential care to your pets. But most of all, we want to keep the vulnerable members of our population safe and healthy. If the measures we take prevents infection in any single person, then we are happy to comply.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during these unusual circumstances.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at the clinic.
Stay safe and well.
Dr. Ashley Kai and the Leopold Pet Hospital Team.
Our dedicated team is always here for your pets
Our Veterinary Hospital provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated staff and leading veterinarians are all passionate about pets and avid animal lovers.
At our Veterinary Hospital, you’ll be fully supported with sound advice first and foremost. We know that helping our clients starts with providing a good understanding of health care issues and treatment options. With good advice and professional recommendations, you’ll be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care decisions for your pet. We always aim to treat your pets like family.
With fully equipped examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmaceutical stores we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs. Take a moment to meet our team and our own pets. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again at the next scheduled visit.
A big part of our local community
Our Veterinary Hospital has been an integral part of our local community for over twenty years. In that time, we have helped thousands of our clients cats & dogs, rabbits & guinea pigs, birds, the odd sheep, goat and horse, and even a few snakes. Being so strongly integrated with our local community is important to us and our clients. Our customers know by experience that they can rely on us for sound advice and treatment options and that their pet is in the very best hands with our team.